Pageviews last month

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weight Loss part 2..

Sept 2010
I am actually starting to enjoy clothes shopping again and running into people that I haven't seen in years. Yep, I intentionally tried to hide from people sometimes, skipped events and just felt yucky most of the time. But I am starting to recognize that lady in the mirror. I started by watching my portion sizes and just making better choices on foods. I started that in February 2010 and I lost weight. Then in April of 2010 we moved away from my support system, so I had to regroup. I think the kids screamed at me the first two weeks we moved which made me wanna EAT!! But it also made me walk them to the park several times a week. Newton has a GREAT walking paths along the river and all around town and most of them connect to each other. Its about a 3 mile round trip to park the kids love so that helped resume the weight loss. Then in September we went out to California for Pete's brother's wedding and it seemed like I had totally hit a plateau for few months.

So in December I stared thinking about what I could do to really knock off the weight for good.
 I saw Suzanne's great success with Weight Watchers and found a meeting site.
I knew with the colder winter months approaching that I would be more inclined to eat,not be as active and I didn't want to gain any of that weight back.


 

I get asked all the time if its hard to write the points down and look stuff up. I don't think so.
We make time for the things that are important and taking care of ourselves needs to be on the top of the list or we can't take care or help anyone else.
 I have learned so much about myself and well cooking.. (I think Pete is grateful for the cooking part) 
Is it always easy?? nope.. I have days where I struggle (especially stressful days) but everyday is a new day.
 I don't let a bad day keep me from my end goal.

My favorite site for something yummy and different is http://www.skinnytaste.com/ 
She is also on facebook. New ones are added often.
I still have 20 pounds to go so I am not close to done yet.
 Those pounds have been there awhile and are holding on tight. But I have 3 great reason to lose them.


                                                   
                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment